Throwing my hands up in the air like I just don’t care! Chapter one is done.
So it started off swimmingly, the words were flowing and I was enjoying writing the opening descriptions. Buuut halfway through, introducing all the characters got a little dull and I just wanted to stop. I did start it right after outlining, so I was a bit pooped.
Thank god for my scene cards! I became restless and found it hard to keep motivated, so I plastered each scene card to the laptop, scene by scene, and managed to make it to the end. Luckily a trip away on the weekend to Sydney with my family to see Bodyguard the Musical didn’t hinder my efforts!
I reworked the last scene of chapter one, and I’m so much happier with it. All the characters end up in the one location and now it makes more sense as to why they are all there.
There are a few characters I didn’t develop a great description on, and part of me keeps wanting to go back and fix it. But, I keep telling myself to move on and save it for the revision time. At least the words are down on the page. I can work with that in the later revision stage.
Chapter 2 & 3 are already in the works. I’d already written most of the scenes in previous manuscript attempts, it’s just a matter of reworking the material into the new (better) format.