With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, I thought it’d be fun to have a look at the good, the bad and the ugly of romantic relationships. You can go through the lists and one or many may spark an idea, and from there you could write an entire scene.
- best friends
- friendly debates
- Netflix & Chill
- hand holding
- wistful longing
- unable to wait to see each other
- nervous excitement & butterflies
- waiting to be asked on a date
- introducing them to your friends
- meeting their friends
- realising I like them
- trying to work out if they like me
- realising they like me
- Do I love them?
- Do they love me?
- first times
- giving and receiving gifts
- I love yous
- wondering where they are?
- wondering what they are doing?
- wanting out
- Wondering why they haven’t called?
- Wondering if they still like me?
- Wondering if I still like them?
- What if we break up?
- Do they still love me?
- Do I still love them?
- Being dumped
- Wanting space & Me Time
- Wondering when you last saw your friends?
- Spending too much time with their friends
And of course, you can make these as ugly as you desire.
Real relationships are a mixed bag. They should be a soppy romance, and a little cynical. Hope this has helped sparked a few ideas, and happy writing!
Please check out the video where I act out the lists. Link here.